Lead generation requires no magic, but at the hands of experts, it becomes a magical tool for online marketing.
Generating leads has become that essential thing for businesses and other organizations needing an audience or wanting engagement. Nothing magical here, but there is science involved.
The science or technologies you use depend on what you see as vital in running a system of engagement in digital marketing.
What you should create is an organized system of strategies, tactics, and tools to generate leads. It should be tied to an overall marketing policy that is cognizant of digital marketing, if not totally aware of it.
Strategizing Your Lead Generation System
It is not a matter of what platforms or tools you use, but how you use and create a range of items that help you find and nurture leads.
The following strategies can help you streamline, save, and run a cost effective and automated system for generating leads:
- Use a combination of types of lead generation processes (email, website/landing pages, SEO and content marketing are good examples) to create an optimized marketing funnel that has no overlap, wasteful sends or costs, and automatically retargets and remarkets. For instance, optimized landing pages get you the relevant amount of leads which, in turn, fuel higher sales/conversion rates.
- Lead generation success stories owe a lot to timely, relevant, and compelling collateral — from great videos to ethical bribes; attractive, well-placed subscription forms; 10x content; to emails that subscribers read and keep for its links and information.
- The online audience connects to you through your website, optimizing it is therefore essential. An optimized website has healthy links, organized pages, has security and ISP services providing high uptime and page speeds, is constantly maintained by a developer or developers and responds easily and correctly to audience navigation, queries, and needs.
- This last strategy deserves special and separate mention because it is key to your online presence and therefore a main portal for lead generation: make sure that your website is loved by search engines like Google. Your content should have E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness) to be so loved.
Lead Gen Tools & Tactics
The best tools in lead generation (often shortened to lead gen) are tactical in nature. There are plenty of tools available for generating leads. There are free online lead generation tools, while paid services offer cost-effectiveness and specialized functions.
The following list is the categories of tactical lead generation tools. A great services provider is provided as a sample for each category:
- Email Marketing Tools
These will generate and help you nurture leads. A good email campaign does these through a compelling customer experience or journey.
Featured: Active Campaign
A paid, all-in-one CRM and email marketing solution, Active Campaign is considered best in class by many. Track lead interaction and automate your email campaign with triggers here.
- An easy to understand dashboard that a non-experienced user can use immediately
- Great templates with a lot of creative resources
- Provides great reportage on things like open and click rates on activated email sends
- Automation is key here and is easy to create with the right triggers
Rating: 4.9 of 5
- On-Page Lead Gen Tools
Lead forms are part of your website content. They need to be clean, compelling, and able to convert visitors to genuine lead captures on your site.
Leadformly is a paid service that helps you separate leads from non-leads. You can create a solid marketing funnel with this platform as well as improve your lead capture and boost your conversions over time.
- High conversion-optimized lead forms
- Has the right amount of details for tracking progress, lead segmentation, and more
- Built-in audience and performance analytics
Rating: 4.8 of 5
- Search Marketing Tools
Organic and paid search channels bring many visitors to a website. These are also highly competitive fields so you need effective tools for them.
As a lead generation tool SEMRush is great for search marketing. What’s more, the free account provides you with essentials you may need.
- Create up to 5 projects with unique URLs you can analyze
- Boost your search productivity with a variety of free tools and platforms
- Analyze website health, keyword performance, and more
- Compare a website you manage to selected competitors
Rating: 4.8 of 5
- Inbound Lead Gen Tools
These help in maximizing the effect of your on-page lead generation tools. These are important in B2B marketing.
A free social forum, Quora has become the destination of choice for asking and answering relevant B2B questions. Find the best experts who can provide detailed answers to your business questions here.
- This site is easy to use with your free account.
- You can use your business name and profile for this account as a way to advertise.
- Potential leads will be drawn to your website or contacts if you provide great answers to questions referred to your featured expertise.
Rating: 4.6 of 5
- Outbound Lead Gen Tools
Many have discontinued using these, but when you do it right, these are effective tools. They help save you time in generating new lead prospects.
A paid service provided by Oracle, this platform uses a tech-intensive process. Datanyze is used effectively in sales for startups and tech organizations.
- Software that helps tech companies save time and effort in lead prospecting
- Shows the tech used by prospects and connects to more prospects through tech use
Rating: 4.6 of 5
- CRO tools
Increase the number of website users who convert into valued leads through these tools. CRO means conversion rate optimization.
- Helps you view the IP addresses of companies viewing your website
- It helps you track down and contact the most valuable leads
- Automatically increase your conversion rates
Rating: 4.7 of 5
- Marketing Management Platforms
These tools are useful in managing your leads across a variety of channels. A marketing management account is something that helps your company make better marketing decisions.
The famous marketing platform features a wide collection of software tools you can integrate. Some of its best tools are even free, although the paid version is very attractive but pricey.
- Consistent high performance as an all-in-one marketing management solution
- You can utilize all tools available to your best advantage
- The prices go up when you reach a certain number of leads
Rating: 4.5 of 5
There is an important need for diverse channels for generating leads. LegalMatch uses technologies and coding with a combination of tools from services providers for high volume and consistent lead generation for clients. Its lead generation specialists are the best in the business.